Immediate Supervisor: Director of Preconstuction
Job Summary:The Preconstruction Manager has primary responsibility for all preconstruction activities on large volume commercial construction projects, including developing preliminary budgets, value engineering, preconstruction schedules, procurement plan, prequalification of subcontractors, detailed take-off and estimating, definition of bid package scopes, the subcontractor/supplier bidding process, evaluation of bids, presentation of detailed estimates of the work, evaluation of alternatives and comparative studies. Is responsible for the protection and promotion of the interest of Armada Hoffler Construction Company in all matters.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the estimate. Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and make Director of Preconstruction, Project Manager and others involved in the project aware of construction related problems, completeness of information, and potential risks involved in General Conditions and Supplementary Conditions.
- Participates in the preparation of construction schedule for estimating purposes.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, design development, and construction estimates and studies during pre-construction, monitors design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Directs the value engineering process.
- Directs/Assists Architect/Engineer with design responsibilities.
- Maintain current estimating records, studies, unit prices, etc.
- Supports Project Manager with evaluation of subcontractor proposals.
- Performs other duties assigned
- A four-year college degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar is preferable.
- Minimum of ten years of estimating experience with a concentration in large commercial construction projects.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the Owner/Architect requirements
- Demonstrate imaginative, innovative and succinct approach to a project.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Knowledge of Timberline Estimating, iSQFT, and SureTrak/Primavera scheduling desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop or kneel, talk and hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform, the essential functions of this job. Occasional travel to various worksites may be required.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume indicating project listings and references to firstname.lastname@example.org