Project Management Assistant
The Project Manager Assistant (PMA) reports to a Sr. Project Management Assistant. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks for project management and site personnel and interfaces with department heads and division personnel. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project Manager Assistant will administratively assist one or more Project Managers
- Set up new projects on the construction Shared Network.
- Set up and maintain project data using ViewPoint Construction software
- Prepare and distribute logs Contract Document List, Submittal Log, Change Order Proposal Log, Subcontract Change Order Log, and Request for Information Log.
- Type and assemble a variety of Contract Agreements and forms. The agreements and forms include, but are not limited to: Subcontracts, Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Equipment Rental Agreements, Letters of Intent, and Joint Check Agreements, and Subcontract Change Orders
- Process all project related correspondence (i.e. prepare outgoing letters; sorting and handling of routine incoming and outgoing correspondence; and prioritizing material for perusal)
- Post project plans to SharePoint site; order sets and email project plans to Subcontractors and your Project Team.
- Coordinate all project related meetings via Outlook. PMA will book meetings in conference rooms.
- Utilize Document Management (CDM) program to scan in all emails, correspondence, drawings, specifications, and submittal documents.
- Review On-Hold report generate appropriate follow-up letters to subcontractors and forward copies to Accounting.
- Coordinate meetings with project team and project accountant to review “On-Hold” Memorandum. Assist your project accountant to request deficient items from Subcontractors and/or Suppliers.
- Type and distribute punch lists to Subcontractors and/or Architect.
- Prepare and distribute Certificate of Substantial Completion.
- Request data from Subcontractors and assemble Operations and Maintenance Manuals for the file and distribution to the Owner. Coordinate with superintendent to collect as-built drawings.
- At project completion, box up and label the required project and jobsite files.
- Retrieve subcontractor license numbers and expiration date from Subcontractors.
- Greet and escort clients and visitors to conference rooms; prepares conference room for meetings.
- Performs other related back-up administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- Employee shall adhere to AH company attire code policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the construction industry. Experience with a Commercial General Contractor is preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in ViewPoint Construction software is a plus
- Must be a team player
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
The successful candidate must pass pre-employment and random drug screens, a back-ground check and possess a driving record in compliance with Armada Hoffler’s Driver Qualification Policy.