Immediate Supervisor: Sr. Project Manager or Project Executive
Job Summary: Under the direction of either a Senior Project Manager or the Project Executive, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of commercial contruction projects over the entire project life (initiate, plan, executre, control, close).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare result-oriented work plans.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Ensure all company, client and project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
- Schedule and Chair project start up meetings
- Prepare scope of work and Negotiate, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Prepare owner pay applications, change order requests, and claims
- Prepare and update project schedule
- Verify and process subcontractor pay requisitions on a timely basis.
- Produce profitability and Work in Place forecast monthly.
- Ensure shop drawings, submittals and RFI’s are processed in a timely manner
- Chair and record meeting minutes for; project staff and owner meetings
- Develop and assemble closeout documents (as built drawings, operating manuals, shop drawings, guarantees, etc.)
- Provide clear leadership to project team.
- Maintains adherence to Armada Hoffler’s standards of safety.
- Perform additional tasks or functions in response to directions and priorities set by supervising manager.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Four-year civil engineering or construction science degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Five to ten years’ progressive project management experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Must have experience in fast track mid-rise or high-rise commercial projects in excess of $20 million.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and at least four years’ experience negotiating with Owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be computer literate with experience in MS Office, Microsoft Project or Primavera project management software, and Viewpoint or Prolog management software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job will require use of hands to fingers with the ability to handle, or feel objects, sit, talk and hear. It will occasionally require employee to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly work inside the headquarters office. Depending on the project, the employee may work in an office on the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. Employee must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
Travel may be required so employee should have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Extended stays on out-of-town projects is a possibility.
This position description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives and covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume indicating project listings and references to firstname.lastname@example.org