We currently have multiple openings for Superintendents at various career levels – Assistant Superintendent, Area Superintendent and Superintendent
Under the direct supervision of the Site Manager, the Superintendent’s role is to proactively plan, organize and direct the day-to-day operations on the construction site including important quality control and subcontractor coordination responsibilities to meet budget, quality, time, ensuring Armada Hoffler’s safety objectives are met and is responsible for the protection and promotion of Armada Hoffler Construction Company’s interests.
The Assistant Superintendent reports directly to the Project Superintendent and assists by managing designated field activities associated with the project and supervises designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees. Assists the team to ensure the project is built on time, within budget, in accordance with Armada Hoffler’s policies and procedures and ensures each subcontractor complies with the Armada Hoffler Safety Program.
The Area Superintendent reports to the Project Superintendent and maintains direct daily contact with subcontractor’s representatives, foremen, and other Armada Hoffler field staff on a particular area of a large-scale project. Works with the team to ensure the project is built on time, within budget, in accordance with Armada Hoffler’s policies and procedures and ensures each subcontractor complies with the Armada Hoffler Safety Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Science or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Two to ten years of commercial construction experience as a superintendent with a Commercial General Contractor.
- Mastery of building processes and best practices.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills and interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs.